A lot of people can’t wait for 2016 to finish. It’s been a bizarre year, there’s no doubt about that, but Analox Sensor Technology has had a lot of exciting times too. Read on to see what we’ve been up to this year…
We developed two new products in 2016 – the Ax60+ multi-gas monitor and TEC CO carbon monoxide sensor.
The Ax60+ utilises modular sensors in order to monitor different combinations of gases, and is fully customisable to your requirements.
Both products will be fully available in 2017.
Focusing on labs and hospitality
We’ve been focusing on laboratories and the hospitality industry in 2016, looking at the legislation which surrounds both industries and how we can offer support.
For example, did you know that there are guidelines surrounding the storage of nitrogen and liquid nitrogen in Italian laboratories?
We will be continuing this focus into 2017.
We certainly racked up the airmiles in 2016, visiting a range of exhibitions across the world including: The NRA Show in Chicago, BrauBeviale in Germany and Analytica in China . We also presented at some of these exhibitions, including IBDEA in Arizona and Nordic Life Science Days in Sweden.
While we were out at exhibitions, we took the opportunity to visit distributors and suppliers to see how we can support them in the future.
We were delighted to win ‘Best SME’ in the Best Factory Awards in October – we were also nominated for ‘’Most Improved Plant’ and ‘Best Electronics and Electrical Plant’.
As well as visiting more of our distributors, we’ve made changes to the website in order to help increase the level of support we offer:
- We introduced an app to help distributors and customers find the ideal gas monitor for their requirements
- We are creating foreign language websites to help non-English speaking customers discover the products they need – the first site we launched was www.analoxsensortechnology.se with www.analoxsensortechnology.es launching in December.
- Analox Sensor Technology UK customers can now buy selected products online. Analox Sensor Technology US customers will be able to buy online in early 2017
Welcoming new distributors
Changes in the team
We’re continuing to focus on regions in the UK sales team and are currently recruiting for a Strategic Sales Director, who will be based in our UK headquarters in Stokesley. The UK team have also changed their job titles this year, with a Sales Manager and three Regional Channel Account Managers.
We also said a big hello to two new members of the US sales team in 2016, Betsey Montague (Sales Account Executive) and Theresa Bryden (Sales Support/Order Processing Clerk).
What’s planned for 2017?
We’re planning on expanding the range of products we sell online, with more information available later in the new year.
We’ll also be continuing with our ‘Why Analox’ campaign, looking at all the innovative and tailored ways we’ve helped with gas detection across the world. Stay tuned to the blog for updates.
We’re still pencilling most of the exhibitions we’ll be attending in 2017, but we’ll be at Drinktec in Munich in September, so get the date in your diary! We’ll also be visiting customers across the world, in places including Japan, India, Dubai and Brazil.
We’d like to thank all our distributors, suppliers and customers for their support this year, and we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We’re looking forward to continuing working with you in 2017!
And finally…. You may remember last year that we did a Christmas song – ‘The Twelve Days of Analox’. This year we have done not one… but two videos! We hope you enjoy.
Analox will close for the Christmas and New Year holidays at 3pm on Friday 23 December 2016, reopening at 8:30am on Tuesday 3 January 2017. If you need product information during this time, please visit www.analoxsensortechnology.com
Top ten blog posts of 2016 (as of 01/12/16)
- Carbon dioxide gas detection – the dangers of CO2
- Nitrogen and nitrous oxide – the differences you need to know
- Carbon monoxide v carbon dioxide – do you know the difference?
- What is an oxygen depletion sensor?
- Changes to guidelines for oxygen monitoring in Italy
- Dry ice – a useful form of carbon dioxide, but still dangerous
- The influence of progressive beer duty in the UK
- Do you know what a VOC is?
- Supercritical carbon dioxide – from coffee to dry cleaning
- Why do people use nitrogen in tyres? The answer may surprise you!
Author: Kate Ingham, Digital Marketing Executive
Founded in 1981, Analox Sensor Technology provides niche and custom gas detection solutions to industries including beverage and fast food, commercial diving and laboratories. Analox has over 325 years of collective, specialist electronics and software engineering expertise, as well as a worldwide distributor network. Contact us to see how we can provide expert gas monitoring solutions and help you achieve your goals.